Thursday, October 22, 2009

Finally - Standing up and loudly whispering:

I've been thinking about starting this blog for some time...seriously pondering within the last two months.

And then today, I had my breakthrough moment. After I'd finished hand washing my dishes (no dish washer) and started to procrastinate organizing my paid bill stack (which is currently over-flowing off my desk and onto the floor,) I sat down and Googled, "
how to stop wanting a baby."

I was floored. Over 7,450,000 items came up for my search. Most of them closely relevant to my intended subject. Heart breaking tales of women, desperately trying to fight that single urge which is overwhelming their life. There are numerous anonymous pleas out there in the virtual cosmos, from women hoping to stumble across a magic potion that will free them from their torment. Their attempts to seek solace made me realize that however isolating, embarrassing, or insane this makes me -
I am not alone in my quandary to want to be a Mom.



Oh the curse of being a young female in today's society, whose only aspirations are to be a mother. The "classic" feminists must have rolled over in their graves the day that I was born.

I want to be a Mom. And I've wanted to be a Mom for as long as I can remember. This blog is going to be my outlet that will (hopefully) prevent me from exploding while I slowly stumble my way through my mid-to-late-20's, while anonymously exploring my desire for motherhood.

But SHHH! Don't tell. 'Cause it's not PC in our society for a 26-year-old, unmarried female, who is currently in graduate school, to determine that her only dream in life, is, and has always been...

to be a Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails