What is important here, is that I was successful in checking off the all important box which required I submit myself to the standardized crap process of sitting for the Graduate Record Exam.

(Let the justification commence...) Just like the SAT, the GRE was designed to predict how well a person will do in Graduate School...What bothers me, is why graduate programs still require the GRE after it is has been determined that an individual student's aptitude are not measured by their standardized crap tests. The SAT failed to measure my performance in my undergraduate education, and my previous scores on the GRE failed to predict how I would perform in my current graduate courses. So why would they think that the GRE would be a good way to predict my performance in a Doctoral Program?
Fortunately, I am confident that I (at least) met the raw score threshold that the program requires for admissions consideration. I never was banking on my GRE scores to propel me to the top of the candidate list, or even to make me a strong candidate. I believe that my work and education experience, combined with my superior essay writing skills, and my superb letters of reference, will be the proclamation to the admissions committee which screams:
"Let Me In! You know I would do great at this program.
Pretty please?"
Pretty please?"









woohoo! for being done with the test. good luck with the rest of your app stuff :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being finished! I agree that standarized tests should not be THE big factor in where you get accepted. Some people just aren't test takers and 1 test shouldn't determine that...Good luck!!!
ReplyDelete