I'm back!
If you have sent me a message or commented and have not received a reply:
I wholeheartedly apologize! I am very sorry.
Please re-send your question and I will reply ASAP.
Back to real life and real responsibilities.
Andrew and me - Taken by my little sister. I wish I could give her photo credit, but I don't want her finding my blog. However, if you need a photographer in CA contact me and I will give you her website.On the Adorable Side:
Andrew and I arrived at fill-in-the-blank-airport, CA last week ready to fly East and start another semester at school. I say "arrived" but I suppose Andrew did more of coaxing and bribing than the word "arrived" allows the imagination to explore. As I have said before, I hate to fly.
Bright ass early in the morning, we walked up to the airline check-in counter ready for the usual questions. "Did you pack your bags yourself?...What do you mean you don't want to undergo a strip search?...How can you be so stupid as to think you could take fill-in-the-blank-non-threatening-item on board?"
But to our surprise the woman behind the counter merely asked, "How many little ones are you flying with today?" Andrew and I looked at each other confused.
"None." We answered.
"Oh?" She said. "But I could have sworn I saw little ones in your arms while you were standing in line..." Andrew and I smiled. "Nope. No little ones for us...yet."
Andrew and I talked it over and we like to think that maybe, for just one split second, the woman behind the counter caught a glimpse of the "US" of the future. Maybe there was some sort of time altering black hole? Maybe. Just maybe.
Now we frequently reference our "little ones."
When driving, Andrew will ask, "How are our little ones doing?" I pretend to glance in the backseat and say, "They're sleeping."
I have also figured out a sure fire way to ensure that Andrew drives as slowly as I want him to in hazardous weather conditions. I just say, "Honey. Pretend our newborn's asleep in the backseat." This seems to trigger an innate daddy response in him. And boy-oh-boy does he drive carefully!










What a mystifying post! ;-) I love the pictures!
ReplyDeleteYou know what ? I totally believe things like that can happen so hold onto the whole " future you " thing.
ReplyDeleteAlso, when you do have your own little one, the daddy instinct totally kicks in and your man will drive like a 90 year old woman - that is, sloooooooooooooow....
You made me laugh Amy. :)
ReplyDelete