Friday, January 8, 2010

Soapbox Confessional: Sleep!

I have always been a HUGE fan of sleep. In high school I would routinely sleep through my first classes, and usually show up right around 3rd or 4th period. (Amazingly I still passed and graduated "on time!")

Even as an adult today, I seem to require more sleep than average. However, I do not see any shame in this. It is apparently what my body needs, for whatever reason. Sometimes it takes a little pre-planning (Yes! Schedule your sleep!) but it is usually manageable.

And, if I can squeeze in all of that "extra" sleep now, maybe my body will be supercharged whenever a cute-little-cuddly, (aka squealing-sleep-depriving) baby should enter into the picture.

So, I wanted to share with you a New Year's Resolution that I truly can get behind: Sleep Challenge 2010: Women, It's Time to Sleep Our Way to the Top. Literally.

And since Arianna Huffington and Cindi Leive did a fine job articulating the reasons that women should consider making sleep a priority, I will just leave you with them.

Photo Credit: Dan Hallman

And no, I am not being paid in any way to endorse this idea.

Like Glamour or Huffington Post even know I exist. Pshaw!

3 comments:

  1. Sleep our way to the top- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep our way to the top, love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a HUGE fan of sleep. I always have been...even now my favorite thing to do on the weekend is just sleep till i wake up on my own...it's completely pleasant to wake up alarm free! and if you ask me what I will miss most when I have a baby the answer will be just that..not being able to sleep till I wake up! I am ready..but I will miss it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails