Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ph.D. Application Update

Yucky news to share with you today:

Yesterday in the mail I received the letter I suspected was on it's way. I was
not admitted to the Ph.D. program I applied for...

Which reminded me of the saying,

"When God shuts a door, somewhere he opens a window."


If being rejected from the Ph.D. program means that I will get to become a mother somehow. Someday. Whether it be through direct exchange or substitution by the universe gods...Or, if not being admitted to the Ph.D. program merely means that I will not be preoccupied for the next
5 years of my life, therefore giving me the opportunity to try and have children sooner...

I am totally. Completely. 100%. A-okay. With this outcome.

Glass half-full?

Check.

Does it count as TTC if you are using condoms?
That would just mean that the best, fastest, and brightest sperm would make it through?!

Right?

Right?!

Right?!?!


3 comments:

  1. I'm confused - should i be saying congratulations ?

    And i suppose you could look at it that way - it'd be the top notch stuff that would get through! Kind of like how my little Flynn came to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. on the one hand, boo to not getting in. on the other, yay for less stress in the next 5 years. school is haaaard (im in the middle of hw so im feeling whiney lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about going back to school makes my head spin! Even thinking about someone else going back! I like your optimistic approach to it all! Especially the TTC :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails